An air fryer is an excellent idea if you’re looking for a quick way to reheat stuffed peppers. This appliance is designed to cook food at extremely high temperatures. So it is perfect for reheating stuffed peppers because the heat causes the food to stay hot and retain moisture.
Also, this method is much healthier than conventional methods because no oil is used during cooking.
It is faster than the oven but without the undesirable texture that microwaves produce.
Time needed: 20 minutes
How to reheat stuffed peppers in your Air Fryer
- Prepare the air fryer pan
Apply a small amount of non-stick cooking spray to the air fryer tray or basket before putting the stuffed peppers in.
- Preheat the air fryer
If your air fryer has a preheat option, put the air fryer on at 350°F (175C) for 5 minutes. This will mean the peppers start cooking straight away.
- Put the peppers in the Air Fryer
In the air fryer, air must be free to flow around the peppers, so don’t lean them on each other. The stuffing must be on top. You may need to trim the bottoms of wobbly to ensure they do not fall over.
- Cook the stuffed peppers
Allow at least 15 minutes if frozen, and add more time if required. It can be reheated in 5 minutes in an air fryer.
- Check the peppers
Ensure that your air-fried are reheated until they’re piping hot. When reheating frozen peppers, make sure any meat in the stuffing is heated correctly. Take the tray or basket out of the air fryer and enjoy your tasty reheated stuffed peppers.
Why should you use an air fryer?
- It is retaining its shape. It keeps the dish warm, makes it more flavorful, and reduces cooking time.
- You can also air fry them to prevent them from becoming sloppy.
- They will not flatten out like they would if left in a pan.
- The reheating process also helps to prevent any food poisoning. Because an air fryer does not allow air between food and the heating element, bacteria cannot grow and spread throughout your kitchen space.
What are some of the downsides of reheating your stuffed peppers in the Air Fryer
- It may overcook by letting them steam too long or placing them directly on the hot plate.